You are here
Thank you for another wonderful Super SIRC event!
Save the date for next year - May 19, 2018
Super SIRC Science Saturday Information
Super SIRC will be held on Saturday, May 19, 2018 at the Sacramento State Union from 9:00am - 4:40pm.
- If paying by Purchase Order please contact Debbie Dennick (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information.
- Cost includes 4 Workshops, workshop materials, continental breakfast, lunch, raffle ticket, and fun with science!
- 0.7 Continuing Education Units are available for an additional $100.
On May 19th, please go to the Sacramento State Union Ballroom to check-in. Once you have checked-in there will be a brief welcome, and then NGSS and Science workshops. A campus map is available here: www.csus.edu/campusmap/
How to Pay via a Purchase Order
If you already have the Purchase Order:
Download a registration form.
Fax registration form and PO to (916) 278-5084.
Mail the original PO to the MASE Office (address is below and on the registration form)
If you do not yet have a Purchase Order:
Have your principal or district office (whoever has approved payment) email Debbie Dennick at email@example.com confirming that they have approved payment.
- Fax your registration form to (916) 278-5084.
- When you receive the PO fax it to the above number
- Mail the original PO to the MASE Office (address is below and on the registration form)
You may be able to register online with a PO if we already have an agreement with your district! Contact Debbie Dennick for more information.
Continuing Education Units
Information about CEUs:
The CEU is a nationally recognized unit of measurement of non-credit, postsecondary-level study. It has been established by the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET). You may earn CEUs for attending SIRC fall and/or spring courses offered by the MASE Center. CEUs are designed for use where employers, re-licensure agencies and other authorities require a specified number of hours of study on a regular basis for career advancement purposes. Grading for CEU courses is on a credit/no-credit basis.
If you want credit:
- SIRC offers 0.6 CEUs for attending the Super SIRC Science Saturday. Cost $100.
Payment for credit for these units is due on May 13, 2017
*Fees are split between CCE and the MASE Center for processing.
- CEU credit based on attendance, partial credit is not available.
- Birth date is required for CEUs when signing-up.
For Non-Credit participation:
- Professional growth hours are available, check with your district for form and conditions.
Funding: What You Can Do
District and school site Title I and Title II funds can be used for registration costs. Additionally, your district may have other grants or funds or funds related to science, literacy, BTSA, or EL instruction which can support your attendance.
Many districts support the attendance of their teachers to the SIRC program:
- Ask your district Science Coordinator or Curriculum & Instruction administrator.
- Ask your school principal.
- Ask your school Parent Teacher Association for support.
- Add SIRC to your Personal Professional Development Plan on file with your district.