SASP SUMMER INSTITUTE
Thanks for another awesome SASP Summer Institute!
Check back soon for updates about the 2018 Summer Institute.
Our SASP Summer Institute is held every summer, and brings together a collaborative group of K-12 teachers of science and university instructors. With separate strands for elementary, middle, and high school teachers, participants gain a stronger understanding and deepen their knowledge of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
All instructors are university faculty and experienced Sacramento Area Science Project (SASP) teacher leaders.
Below is information from our 2017 SASP Summer Institute
Please check back later this spring for more details on the schedule and pricing for Summer 2018!
When & Where
June 19-22, 2017
8:30am - 3:30pm
@ Sacramento State
- Selecting Phenomena for Sense-Making
- Introduction to Engineering
- Establishing a Culture for Sense-Making
- Writing Tasks for Sense-Making
Each day attend a core course, choose an elective workshop, and experience a science lesson from your grade strand.
- The Fundamentals of NGSS
- Promoting Equity in Science
- Coherent NGSS Storylines
- Combining Common Core with NGSS
- Modeling and the Practices
- The Phenomena-Question-Model Framework
- Argumentation in Science
- Collaboration Time (for teacher groups)
- Three strands covering science content in earth and space science, life sciences, physical sciences, & engineering:
- Middle School
- High School
- Aligned with NGSS & CCSS